My wife and I love to read. We love to read out loud. To each other.
Is that weird?
It’s not weird. It’s adorable.
She apparently was born reading books, and I, when I became a Christian, developed a voracious appetite for books. Seriously. At any given time we both have a pile of books we’re working through. We both love to read.
This year we decided to do something new. Something we haven’t done before. We decided to read twelve books in twelve months together. Here’s the list:
- The Meaning of Marriage – Tim Keller
- Heaven – Randy Alcorn
- Pilgrims Progress – John Owen
- Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
- 20 Basic Beliefs – Wayne Grudem
- Desiring God – John Piper
- Tempted and Tried – Russell Moore
- Overcoming Sin and Temptation – John Owen
- Holiness of God – R.C. Sproul
- Humility – C.J. Mahaney
- Knowing God – J.I. Packer
- Cross of Christ – John Stott
Most of these books came from a Village Church post. You can check that out here. We have no idea what’s going to happen over this next year, but we hope that we can use our love for reading to increase our love for God and for one another.
I’ll be posting reviews of each book as we finish them. We already finished Keller’s “The Meaning of Marriage” so you can be looking for that one soon!